TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 To the fair EuroPosgrados Virtual 2021, is referred to in these terms and conditions as “the event”.
1.2 To the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Campus France, Nuffic Neso and The Embassy of Sweden (Study in Sweden), as partner committee of the fair and Premier Meetings as implementing agency of the fair, is referred to as” the organizer”.
1.3 To a Higher Education Institution, sponsorship institution, or national representation from Europe that fulfils all the participation criteria set by the organizer and that has been formally accepted as a participant in the event is referred to as “the exhibitor”.
1.4 To the area in the virtual event allocated by the organizer to the exhibitor is referred to as “the platform” or “the virtual booth”.
2. The primary purpose of the event is to inform potential graduate students about study and research opportunities in the European Union.
3. Event date and time: November 10th, 2021. And will be accessible to visitors from 13:00 pm to 16:00 pm (Mexico City) with one additional hour for all parties to finish their conversations.
4. Registration Form
4.1 The completed EuroPosgrados registration form is considered as the final agreement. Failure to abide by the terms and conditions will result in cancellation of participation and in forfeiture of the participation fee.
4.2 To be accepted as exhibitor of the event, “the exhibitor” accepts the “EuroPosgrados Terms and Conditions for Participation”. Applications will be accepted in order of date of submission, depending on the availability of space.
4.3 DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: No applications after October 10, 2021 will be accepted unless the organizing committee decides to do so. The organizer reserves the right to accept or reject potential exhibitors at its own discretion and it is not required to give a reason or to compensate any damages suffered because of rejection.
4.4 “The organizer” will send the exhibitor a confirmation of participation only after the participation fee has been received.
4.5 Booth-sharing will be allowed only in the case of a formal consortium of Higher Education Institutions in Europe. All members of the consortium must be Higher Education Institutions of a European country that meet all the participation criteria set by the organizer. For all its dealings with the organizer, a consortium must name one Higher Education Institution as the lead institution. A consortium will be treated as a single exhibitor. Only one brand name may therefore be advertised, will have a limited number of reps and the consortium will have only one entry in the platform, catalogue, on the website, and so on.
5. Virtual Platform. FPP EDU MEDIA / The Student World will provide the platform software. They will be responsible of booth creation, training, and technical support.
6. Each exhibitor will receive an Event Services Manual which contains the features included and detailed instructions on the organization and operation of the event.
7. Booth Creation. Exhibitors will have to upload their booth information (representative´s information, booth information, images, videos, brochures, and profile. After the booth setup deadline, no changes to any of the sections or adding representatives will be possible. The booth model will be pre-selected and branded by the organizer according to country colours.
8. Tutorials, a training session and an automatic system check are available. Each exhibitor is responsible for training in the use of the platform before the event.
9. Credentials. Representatives will receive their own login credentials the day before the Automatic System Check, giving access to the booth. Sharing credentials is not allowed. Multiple logins with the same credentials at the same time through different computers might cause instability and will jeopardize the event. If this malfunction is detected, the organizer may cancel access to the booth without responsibility.
10. Connectivity / Equipment. The exhibitor is responsible, at his expense, for the acquisition, installation, operation, security, and connectivity of the minimum system components, like hardware and communication services required to access and use the Virtual Platform. The organizer/platform provider will not give technical support with respect to exhibitor´s hardware, software configuration, network/internet connectivity, or other technical issues not directly related to the platform service. The organizer will provide with all the technical support and necessary instructions regarding the Platform. To overcome firewall restrictions, the exhibitor will be responsible for the implementation of such instructions internally.
11. The booth must be attended during the 3 hours of the event and may use up to an extra hour to finish the pending conversations, except for a 15 min break. If the booth is not attended, the organizer may choose to limit the display of the booth, in which case there will not be refund.
13. Publicity. The organizer will carry out a media campaign to publicize the event, expecting an approximate number of 2000 of attendees. However, a minimum number of assistants or their quality is not guaranteed. The exhibitor gives his permission to EuroPosgrados to use photographs or video footage for promotional purposes.
14. Payment. The participation fee must be paid to Premier Meetings. (German institutions please contact DAAD) An invoice will be issue during 5 days after received the registration form. The DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT is October 29th, 2021.
14.1 If the payment cannot be issued on the established date, a written notice explaining the situation must be sent to email@example.com within 10 days of receiving the corresponding invoice, so the organizer can respond accordingly.
14.2 The exhibitor must add the fee of his bank (in case it exists) to the participation fee.
14.3 The exhibitor must consider the times and delays of the internal processes of the institution represented, to be able to comply with the payment date.
14.4 If “the organizer” has not received the complete exhibitor's fee by then, the booth will be removed from the platform denying all access with no responsibility for the organizer.
15. Cancellation’s policy:
If cancellation occurs more than 60 days prior the event date, a 30% cancelation fee will be applied.
Within 60 days, but more than 30 days prior to the event date, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied.
Within 29 days or less prior of the event Date: Full amount will remain either payable or no refund will be offered of the payments received.
In all cases, “the exhibitors” must send a written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org for the contract to be finally cancelled. In that case no party shall have no further claim on the other.
16. Should extreme circumstances warrant it (such as acts of war or other cases of force majeure) the organizer reserves the right to cancel or relocate the event or to change its dates. If the event is cancelled, the organizer will refund the participation fee that has been received by the exhibitor, minus a charge to help cover the organizer's costs. The organizer cannot be held liable for any other costs, which are incurred in relation to the event.
17. This legal agreement is governed by the laws of Mexico that apply to contracts. The exhibitor agrees that the courts in Mexico will have exclusive jurisdiction for settling any disputes that arise regarding this contract.